[IP] Re: depression and diabetes

In a message dated 2/1/02 4:20:24 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I just feel hopeless though and want
to know if anyone else has been through this. I am sorry for being so long
Kathleen >>

I have never taken Prozac but have heard many good things about it from
friends who have. I think you are lucky to have a doctor who takes your
feelings of hopelessness seriously and is trying to help you. Last year I was
in a miserable high-stress job with thousands of dollars in debt. I often
felt hopeless and had many emotional outbursts. I tried talking to my doctor
but either I didn't communicate clearly enough or he didn't think the problem
was serious enough for his attention or medication. My emotional state and
the stress were affecting my diabetes and my desire to take care of myself.
My work schedule and the stress also caused me to eat horribly and I was
unable to keep a reasonable meal schedule (I was on MDI at the time).
I ended up quitting my job after I received a very unexpected chunk of
inheritance money that nearly paid off all the debt.
I just wanted to let you know that I understand the havoc depression can
wreak on diabetes. I hope the Prozac helps you.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02