Re: [IP] depression and diabetes

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathleen Peterson <email @ redacted>

>The doctor put me on prozac. Has anyone taken this?

I've been taking Prozac for years. It worked splendidly for 7 years, and
then I had a major depression last winter. The doc tried adding Wellbutrin,
but it gave me dizziness and balance problems, so at the moment I'm on an
increased dose of Prozac alone. As someone else said, it's NOT a magic happy
pill, but it keeps me on an even keel most of the time. (I still think
suicidal thoughts, but am not obsessed with them!)

I really resent Prozac jokes and people who imply that it's a happy pill and
that those of us who take it are abusing medicine. The fact is that if you
don't need it, Prozac won't do a thing, but if you DO need it, it can be a
miracle drug.

Natalie ._c-