[IP] RE: depression

<< I have been depressed a lot lately, and I am curious to know if anyone has
had depression that requires medication.>>
Kathleen, I have not taken Prozac, but I have been on medication for
depression for about 18 months now.  I have taken Zoloft (stopped because of
the headaches I got), and now I take Celexa & Wellbutrin.  For the most part
those help me a lot.  I still have some bad days but not like before (I
originally started taking antidepressants because of a boyfriend who dumped
me because of diabetes).  One thing my doc always tells me when he changes my
meds is to watch my blood sugars.  Zoloft made them drop a little bit, and so
did Wellbutrin.  With the Celexa I really didn't have any change.  Apparently
one of the side effects of these can also be weight gain, although I have
never experienced that; in fact, the only side effect I've ever experienced
is the headaches I had on Zoloft.

I'm really sorry you are feeling so bad--I know how that feels, and it isn't
good.  One other thing I hope they told you is that it can take up to 2-3
weeks for the Prozac to start taking effect.  So try to be patient with it
and hopefully it will help.  Feel free to email me privately if you'd like--