Re: [IP] Tail or No tail?

On 28 Feb 2001, at 21:01, email @ redacted wrote:

> What's your preference for infusion set disconnects?  Do you prefer one that
> disconnects at the site or one with a 4" tail before you get to the
> disconnect?  Why?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I haven't used anything but the Micro QR, so I really can't compare
realistically.  But still, I like the tail.

I do that loop thing under the tape anyway--in case I accidentally
yank on the tubing so the loop absorbs the tug, so my tail ends up
being only about 1 inch.

Other reason is that I leave my old site in for several hours after a
site change so I don't get that oozing-high-bg thing going on.  The
tail usually reminds me later on to remove it.  Otherwise, I'd forget.
And then I'd have a hard time remembering which was the newer
site!  HA!  I have a horrid memory.