[IP] OUCH! when pulling out introducer needle (sofset)

A new development.....

Lately, anywhere on the right side of my bellybutton, below beltline,
it's begun to hurt when pulling *out* the introducer needle (Micro
QR Sofset).

And I mean HURTS like the DICKENS.

Seems to have nothing to do with whether the site is ache-free later

There are about 15 days minimum between rotations, and if I can
still see a dot from the previous time, I try to keep at least 1 inch
away.  Before pumping (early November), I tried to do the same
kind of careful rotation with the injections.

Although, I do frequently let my sites remain for 5 days, as long as
BGs are good.

Any insight?  Is this the beginning of scarring or lipohypertrophy?
or just plain ol' unfathomable weirdness?