[IP] Ultra vs other glucose testing machines

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 gina [email @ redacted] wrote:

>their final words were:  well, our meters arent for everyone.... i guess you
> should try one of our competitors!
>so that's what i'm doing......... i would like to know which meter everyone
>uses and what kind of luck you've had with it as far as accuracy,
>etc.......... i need a new one!!

I've used the Precision QID for years and really really like it.  the software
is EXPENSIVE but someone at QID (who's name/number  I lost and I should kick
myself for this mistake but I really did) sent me the cable and Precision Link
box and software for proof of buying 1000 strips (maybe the program is still
active: you can ask before you buy).

The new Precision XTRA is the same basic strip and electronics but it has the
ability to test ketones (yay) and a much cheaper computer interface (yay) BUT
it is much bigger than the QID (which I could stick in a shirt pocket along
with lancet device).

Bottom line on machines: try as many as you can.  Most you can get for free to
try 'em.

I'm interested in the ULTRA so if no other takers....