Re: [IP] Re: Carb Factors

> Does anyone know whether or not there is a web site where one can
> download a fairly comprehensive list of carb factors for use with a
> gram scale?
> I know there is a short list in the back of the Pumping Insulin
> book, but I would like to have a more inclusive one.

The best list I've found so far is in the previous edition of
of "Joy of Cooking". That, combined with Pumping Insulin covers just
about all basic food stuffs. For fast foods, etc -- buy one of the
little books.

See the FOOD page of the web site and check out the link for the
USDA. There is info there on downloading the database, but I've never
checked it out.