Re: [IP] Pumping Regular (my last hope) - Pros and Cons

I'm surprised no one has addressed this yet.
Velosulin (actually it is Velosulin BR) is just plain Regular
insulin but with a buffering agent added to it to prevent
clogging (helpful for the older pump tubing, not really necessary
with the polyolefin tubing we have now.) Its onset of action,
peak time, and duration is identical to Regular, which is a
short-acting insulin. Humalog is an insulin analog and is not the
same thing as Regular OR Velosulin. It is rapid-acting and so
far, the only rapid-acting on the market (to my knowledge.)
I'm sure if I'm wrong about any of this, someone will correct me.

Sylvia said:
Also, I was under the impression that Velosulin is a rapid acting
buffered insulin that would act similar to

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound