[IP] Re:site problems

On Wed, 28 February 2001, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:58:10 -0500
> From: "John Kinsley" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] RE: site problems

> According to the information on the box lid, IV 3000 contains natural rubber
> latex.  If you are allergic to latex you might want to try another adhesive.
> John Kinsley
> Type 1 - 1956
> MM 507 - 1998
I have looked at all my boxes of IV3000 and it doesn't say that it contains natural latex rubber.  I called minimed, where I ordered this from, and they said everything I have is latex free. My IV3000 is by Smith+Nephew and says OpSite IV3000, but nowhere is there anything about latex/rubber.  The reactions I've had in the past have been anaphylactic, so I assume minimed must be right.  Geez, I hope so anyway.

I want to thank everyone who has given me a suggestion about this, it has been much appreciated.

Geneece Pulley <email @ redacted>

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life