[IP] Pity

I am terribly sorry about the death of your friend.
But I don't understand your statement that
"diabetics... really enjoy a good pity party."
I became a member of this list because it was a group
of people who started insulin pump therapy to obtain
better diabetes control. I would agree some diabetics
are wimpy winers, but not this group. They are
intelligent, optimistic, assertive, individuals
fighting the battle against diabetes. When they do
talk about their struggles, it is to find a solution
or come to peace with the situation. Expressing ones
thoughts and emotions is not wining. It is plain and
simple honesty, which usually allows people to move
forward with their life. Diabetes is a progressive
disease with ugly and devastating complications. That
should not be hidden from our family, friends or the

Andrea Seitz

>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:31:35 EST
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Pity

>I have often said that diabetics are the greatest
>party animals on earth, they really enjoy a good pity
>party. Consider yourself blessed when you wake
>up every morning. I will be attending a funeral this
>morning of a friend who did not wake up on monday
morn.. BW

Do You Yahoo!?