Re: [IP] Pumping Regular (my last hope) - Pros and Cons

Hi Mike
I pump Regular insulin as well. Found that the Humalog in the
amount that I need to keep good control was also giving me
reactions. I actually pump with a U500 regular that is 5x the
strength of the u100 regular. I do use both the pump and a humalog
pen to bolus with. If I know I'm going to eat and what I'm going to
eat I use the pump if not it's the pen. I have gotten use to this. I
guess with me it was the better control that I was after so the 3
times maybe that I inject a day is not a big deal. My last Ha1c was

I have asked lily about making the humalog in the u500..doc and I
think that I could probably tolerate the humalog if it was in smaller
amounts. (make sense). I urge every one that has this problem
with humalog to call Lily. Maybe if they get enough call that they
will see there is a need for this.
Gail J Donohue