>Ok, today is Tuesday, the day after I went to the Endo (a.k.a...he who's
>supposed to know it all) I told him that I started vometing on Friday
>afternoon, checked the sugar, it wasn't abnormally high...130 or so, but that
>ALL weekend I've been getting sick. He looks at me, cocks his head sideways
>and says, "Hmmm, I just don't know"....WHAT THE HELL DOES HE MEAN HE DOESN'T
>KNOW?? He's supposed to know! So, I think to myself, I'll feel better later
>on, no problem. Not true, I STILL feel sick now! Then I find out from his
>office that they're NOT sending my paperwork out YET to get my pump...
>something about they need more proof that I should be on the pump. WHAT? Ok,
>how's this for proof??  I'm 30 years old, been diabetic for almost 20 years,
>I have neuropathy, retinopathy, kidney damage, an ulcer on my toe that WON'T
>heal, high blood pressure, my last a1c was over 11, I have depression,
>anxiety attacks, insomnia and I'm ALWAYS exhausted....what the hell else do
>they need?

> I REALLY hope someone
>else knows what I'm saying. I hate feeling alone.

I understand and I think hundreds on this list understand as well.  You are
very frustrated and basicly just want to feel better and try & get on with
life.  I understand.  That was me up until i got the pump.  Same story as
yours, save I have no kids - just niece and nephew, their mother and my
mother, none of whom can look after themselves.

Yep, my life feel apart and not finding an endo who would prescribe the
pump after four years of begging for the pump and 27 years of being sick
each and everyday from DP hypers, I wanted to die - So yeah, You know, I do
understand how you feel.

Trust, Elizabeth that numerous people in this list do understand and it is
only the people on this list who understand.  IMHE, it's pointless to try &
find anyone who's not type i nor using the pump who is even interested in
understanding.  This list is keeping me alive and it will do teh same for
you.  PLease feel free to ask for ears and to vent.  I fo one am more than
happy to listen to you.

About the papers fo rthe pump:  Calm down and then demand to know why and
logically fight the situation.

As for me the pump has enabled me to control the Dp and eliminate all the
super-highs!  i feel better and the side-effect of more time in the "normal
range' is that my depression is much, much better!  I think you ahve the
same to look froward to as well!

Hang in there, Elizabeth, we're with you!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the IP.Org list!
of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's and 80% fewer hypos)!