[IP] Good vent

As most of you know, I have been getting 8,800u EPO injections bi-weekly. My
nephrologist upped it to 10,000u so I asked if it could be 5,000u weekly since
they hurt me so much. I've been getting these for 6.5 years now - 5 yrs. at
one hosp. until our ins. said they'd pay only one hosp. per city and that
wasn't it. I went to another city nearby and they hurt me so much I was
bawling - 2x and would not go back. I then worked it out that the hosp. in my
town gave them except at their satellite facility in the bigger town where I
had been going. Fine - until recently they merged with the hosp. I was going
to for 5 years and that ain't the one the ins. will pay. 8^(

So, today I decided I'd go to the one they WILL pay - the same place I went in
October to get the two days of 4-hr iron infusion. Darlene remembered me and
said she'd never seen a pump until I was there and she's met 3 others since.
Lynn said she'd never heard of pumps before and Connie (??) was mostly quiet
but fascinated.

They weren't busy at the time and when I got done explaining pumping, one
said, "This was my first in-service." I should have charged *them* since these
shots are about $170.00 each!  ;-)

I told them I'd learned so much about pumping from the 'net and they had me
log on to see my picture trail album of the evolution of pumps and had me
bookmark it. Then they said, "How can we find out more about pumping?" So, I
bookmarked www.insulin-pumpers.org for them!!

The shot didn't hurt as much since it was 1/2 the amount as usual (2x as often
now). They said some people complain and others it doesn't bother.

It was a good experience. 8^)

Oh, yeah - I had a breakfast of 1/2 C. applesauce and 6 oz milk at 11:00 a.m.
Didn't eat lunch until after 2:00.  I told them I couldn't do that on shots!

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics (now
with an album of the evolution of pumps)
Poor spellers of the world, untie!