Re: [IP] d-tron - power of choice

In a message dated 2/27/01 4:20:11 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone know when we should be expecting our D-trons?  I got a letter
> back in November saying that I would have it by the end of January.  Well,
> now it's almost March.  I called today, was treated pretty rudely and not
> given any answers.  The person would not even look my name up to see if I'd
> somehow been deleted from the list, which leads me to believe there is a
> large number of us still waiting.  It doesn't really matter as the pump I
> have now is working fine, but there are some features of the D-tron that I
> would be making use of if I had it!!
> Jenny
I'm so sorry you were treated that way Jenny!!  They should have a customer
service person you could complain to about that.  I kept calling and they
always looked it up for me.
I have my d-tron, sitting in a box in my kitchen waiting for me to get some
training for it.  It's been here for a week and 1/2 and I have to wait til a
week from tomorrow for training.  There isn't a cde in the area that is
trained so the area rep is going to come and teach me and my cde is going to
watch (she's had the class but hasn't taken the test).  She told me that I
was the only one in the area that she has heard of getting one.  I just hope
the area rep knows what he is doing as far as training.  Feel strange about a
non-medical person (he isn't diabetic either) doing the training.....
Hope you get yours soon Jenny!!

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000