[IP] Hungry all the time

I started to have the exact same type of hunger
problems you are describing back in Nov. 1998, when I
started tight control with MDI. It continued after
starting the pump in March 1999. It was so bad, I
couldn't sit still in my chair at work. I asked 3
different endos what was wrong as hunger can be a sign
of too much insulin. My number were in the target
ranges without excessive lows, so the doctors didn't
want to adjust my insulin.

Since, it was such an irritating situation I continued
to seek advice and finally found an endo with enough
guts to try something different. He said I was using
too much insulin and it should be lowered. I lowered
my basals from 13.4 to 11.1. It has made all the
difference in the world. (My waist line is even a
little smaller.)

There is a very thin line between enough insulin and
too much. Sometimes when I am raising my insulin
levels due to illness or stress, the hunger will come
back again, so I just taper back a slight bit.

YMMV, ask your doctor about making any adjustments. I
wish you the best of luck in finding your solution
before you starve!!!! ;]

Andrea Seitz

>Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:48:21 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Carmen M. Mayo" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Hungry all the time

>Hi all.  I have a question.  Lately it seems like
>been constantly hungry.  We're talking if I go more
>than 2 hours without eating something,
>I'm absolutely starving.  It's starting to get crazy,

>me eating all the time.  I'm really not doing
anything >different, and being 20, I don't...
> Thanks!
>Carmen Mayo
<dx'd 4/9/97 pumping 5/23/00

Do You Yahoo!?