Re: [IP] Testing Blood Sugars

In a recent IP messege, you said:

>>> I am destroying my fingers using the ACCU-CHEK SOFT CLIX Lancing
device and Lancets 4-5 times a day. Has anyone had any success changing to
The Bayer DEX or LifeScan testing systems, or any lancets that are better
than the one I am using.<<<

What kind of lancets are you using?  I have found that the Becton-Dickson
lancets are much nicer than the others I have used.  These are the green
ones with replacable caps.  I think they are called "Ultra Fine" though I
am not positive.  I only use one every six months or so, so I'll have to
pull the box out of the closet at home to check the name :)  Anyway, they
seem sharper and thinner than the typical lancet and have saved my fingers
from the ravage of frequent testing.  I have used them with a number of
devices (presently a Penlet II).  As always, YMMV.

--Richard Seyler