[IP] leg sites

I thought that I'd try a new site today as I was wanting to give my stomach a
break.  I tried the upper, outer thigh, but it was horrible.  It hurt and was
really hard for me to get it in as I had to push really hard.  In the end I
pulled the whole think out and started a new site on my abdomen again.    I'm
a runner, so I have pretty muscular thighs (but not skinny by any stretch of
the imagination).  Do you think this had  anything to do with it?  Any
suggestions or should I just forget the thigh?