[IP] Latest A1C (after 6 months pumping!)

Shelly Tyler writes among other stuff:Only thing is that he needs to gain
some weight.From: "Todd & Shelly  Tyler" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Latest A1C (after 6 months pumping!)

Ok everyone, here it is.  My 5 year old had his 2nd A1C since pumping and I am
a believer now! (I needed to see a 2nd one to know if it was working! LOL )

 His first A1C was done at 2 months pumping and it had dropped back then from
8.4 to 7.5.

 He had not gained since
Novmber so I need to up his carbs! No problem as he is always hungry and ready
to eat! I found that for this first while I was paranoid of such large
bolusing! I have heard of others thinking twice about covering large amounts
of carbs...I am feeling better now that I see we were on the right track!  He
had a big piece of banana Cream pie to celebrate!

Take care,
Shelly an Todd Tyler///cut line
Most ediatricians in the lower 48 dont like d kids to gain weight they are
afraid of increasing insulin requirements the A1c is fantastic for a 5 yo
kid, even for some us older ones. Sounds great to me but I rarely see
kiddies, thank G-d! Spot