Re: [IP] site problems

> Geneece,
> I saw my diabetes educator last week and she was telling me about a
> patient of hers who is allergic to plastic and has the same reaction
> - is that a possibility?
Yes. There are several people on the list that have switched from
SofSet to Silohette, or visa-versa because of allergy to the cannula
material. The switch enabled them to continue to use a non-metal
infusion set.

Sometimes the problem is allergy to the cannula material, more often
it is due to the adhesive on the set itself. In this case a barrier
film of IV prep or a bottom piece of tape like IV3000 can help as