[IP] Anyone Heard of Swelling in the Eye?

I am just wondering if anyone out there has heard of swelling of the eye
being a diabetic problem?  I have a friend that is being treated with laser
to attempt to correct it.   She said the doctor told her it was from her
diabetes.   I have had the typical retinopathy but had not ever heard of
this in all my years as a diabetic and I am just curious if anyone else has?

Bob Bennin