[IP] Re: infusion sets

>>Each company is responsible for the manufacturing of their
sets.  But that
doesn't mean that they are checking out their competition to
see what they
are doing.  But I can assure you that they are not the
"same" sets with
different packaging.  And in Disetronics case, all of their
products come out
of their main plant in Sweden(?) overseas in the Europe area
and their
products are usually released a long time over there before
they are started
here, because of our FDA requirements.  Dis's new set has
been getting used
in Europe for over 6 months already with great success.<<

This is not exactly true. Each company is not responsible
for manufacturing all of their own sets. Pureline/Chronimed
sets, most of the Disetronic sets, and the MM Silhouette are
made by Biersdorf in Germany and distributed by Maersk in
Denmark. The peel-off paper on the adhesive sets all have
the same markings. Animas does not have its own infusion
sets available at this time.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE