Re: [IP] Altace

> We do have a ton of heart disease in my family, but again, I've never had
> any problems.  Should I be worried?  Does anyone else use Altace or any
> other Ace Inhibitor without having high blood pressure?  She says that she

       I use currently use Altace for preventative measures!  I have
orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure that drops even lower when I
stand up), however my endo had put me on Altace to help protect my kidneys.
I have had no side effects from this medication.  I had previously taken
prinivil, and  I experienced some negative side effects; I felt like I was
going to pass out all of the time.  It got very severe, and I ended up going
to the hospital several times, with a racing heart beat and the extreme fear
that I was going to faint.  I have not experienced anything close to these
feelings since starting the Altace.

diabetic for 27 years, pumping for 6 years