[IP] Carbs & GF Diet

In a message dated 2/26/2001 11:19:58 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  do wonder if the gluten free diet makes a difference in how the carbs are
>  processed because the flours are less complex.  When I bake I try to use
>  rice bran and garbanzo bean flour mixed with the others to make the muffins
>  or cookies a little more "complex."

I was wondering if you carb count based on the usual exchange/estimate
amounts given for wheat based products (esp. baked goods) or if you use
actual carb counts based on the Gluten Free recipe . . . I've found that
gluten free baked goods are usually much more carb dense than wheatbased ones
(i.e. slice of bread 22-30 g of carbs instead of 14-20) . . . If you have
been using the wheat based estimates, this could be impacting your BG numbers

Just a thought . . .

Lyndy Latta