Re: [IP] Gallbladder

Hi Leslie

I've never had my gallbladder out, but have had both outpatient surgery and
been hospitalized with a pump. From what I understand, with laporascopic
surgery for gallbladder, you're pretty out and eating French fries at
McDonald's pretty quickly. :-)

There is an article in the August Diabetes Interview about how to survive a
hospital stay when you have diabetes. Go to www.diabetesinterview.com, click
on "archives," open the August issue and look for something like "Horror
Tales from the Hospital Bed." (You will recognize names -- I wrote it.)

Health care folks will think they know more about DM that you do, so you will
have to advocate for yourself a lot -- loudly and forcefully. Think Sara SP.
LOL Better yet, have somebody there who can advocate for you if you can't do
it for yourself. (Like Sara SP)

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Jan and Elvis