[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Re: pump educator

Thanks. That is one of the links I have (and I've read it and
read it numerous times) but unfortunately it doesn't clarify
anything for me. The part that would pertain to me (once I pursue
it) says:

1. Professional Education
A. An active, unrestricted license from the United States or its
territories as a registered nurse, occupational therapist,
pharmacist, physical therapist, physician (M.D. or D.O.),
physician assistant, podiatrist, or registration as a dietitian
by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Re: that last line about registration as a dietitian...to be
registered with the CDR as a dietitian, wouldn't you have to be
an RD??? That is what confuses me. That is a 4yr degree. A
dietetic technician is a 2yr degree so you wouldn't be able to
register with the CDR to be a registered dietitian (or can you?
Roxanne, do you know?) So therefore, it wouldn't be enough to
pursue a CDE, according to this. 

ACK! More questions than answers!!! :)                
Jenny said:
Certification criteria for CDEs is available at www.ncbde.org
This should clarify anything you need to know about becoming a

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children) & the
little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound
"There is a special magic and holiness about the girl and woman.
They are the bringers of life to the people, and the teachers of
the little children." - Sweet Medicine, Cheyenne
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml