Re: [IP] Re: pump educator?

You can not be a CDE with a Dietetic Technician degree.  A DT degree is a 2
year degree.  DT's are then eligible to sit for the Dietetic Technician
registration examination.  In my opionion, they are 'wannabe Dietitians.' And
not allowed to do teaching.  ANd if NH had Dietitian Licensing/Certification,
then you would not be permitted to perform any of the duties that a Dietitian
does...assessment, teaching, etc.

Whoever told you that you could be a CDE with this degree was WRONG!  You
must be an MD, RN, RD or RPh.  No 'junion' degrees are permitted.  No
LPNs...youmust be a full RN.  No Pharmacy Technicians...only a full
pharmacist.  Physician Assistants are permitted.  Physical Therapists used to
be permitted to sit for the exam, but I believe that reg is changing.

And then after you are a professional, you must do so many hours of education
before you can even sit to take the CDE exam.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
e-mail:    email @ redacted