[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #906

In a message dated 2/24/01 12:24:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:45:44 -0500
> From: "Matt Dame" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: Freestyle plasma vs One Touch whole blood
> My new Freestyle meter is 20 points different from my One touch Profile.  I
> understand Freestyle uses plasma and One Touch uses whole blood.  Should I
> be converting the Freestyle numbers over to my whole blood range of  70 -
> 140?  How do you do this?  Can I just raise my range 10%?  I'm confused.
> The endo never talked about whole vs plasma so I am assuming the One Touch
> range I've been using for the last four years have been correct since
> Lawren's A1c's have been around 7.1.  Today she told me she felt low.  I
> tested her on the Freestyle and it read 92.  When I tested her on the One
> Touch with the same sample of blood it read 70.  I'm confused.  Barb Dame
> email @ redacted

Hi!  We also have the Freestyle.  Our other meter is the Glucometer Elite XL.
 We have found a 50 point difference, with the Freestyle reading lower then
the Elite.  I thought that the Elite and Freestyle both went by plasma?!?!?!?

Thanks for any input,

Amanda's mom      dx at 3 1/2   4-97    pumping since 7-99