[IP] Chat for week of 2-25-2001

Pumpers and Friends,

Chat announcement

********As of today IP will be hosting a chat once a month with Animas on the first Tuesday of each month at 9 P.M. EST in the Guestroom. I hope to have the other pump makers to do a monthly chat on IP too***********

    Okay, you chataholics--we now have chats every day of the week.  Below is IP's schedule of weekly, moderated (i.e., you know there'll be at least one other person in the room!) chat times. The chat rooms are open anytime,to any member, so feel free to chat whenever. Also, these times below don't change, so mark your calendars--if you miss one this week, there's always another at the same time next week.

    Please remember that the chatrooms are open 24/7. If you need to talk or can't sleep, feel free to drop anote to the list that you are in chat and what room you are in and just wait someone will come. IP has members from all over the world, someone is always up! When I was in hospital, I chatted with peoples from UK, Germany, and OZ. They were my life line to the world. And now that I'm home 24/7, I am on-line most of the time. I know that members from other parts of the world, do chat so if you like to set up a time and day you would like to host a chat send me anote (IP has a great group of chat hosts that would love to help you start a new chat and all it takes is some time  managment).
    Remember that all chats are available in the MEMBERS only area of the web site. You can view the transcripts of all chat sessions in he archives for later reference. Most of the time when we have a guest speaker in chat they take place in the Guest Room.

   Mary DeHaas  email @ redacted is BACK!!! hosting a chat for spouses
and support persons of insulin pumpers on Monday nights at 9 p.m. EDT
(2a.m. GMT) in the Smalltalk 1 Room.

    Melissa Howell email @ redacted  has and is taking over doing chat for Rodney; THANK YOU Melissa for doing a great job.

    Andrew Bender email @ redacted and Ed Marsh  email @ redacted
are teaming up to hosts a Wednesday night chat at 9 p.m. EDT (2 a.m. GMT) in the Anytime Room.

    CJ Jutras email @ redacted  Is BACK!! and will be doing his chat every Thursday at 9 p.m. EDT (2 a.m. GMT) in the Anytime Room. CJ would like to invite all past chat friends back to his Thursday night chat!! Drop by and say hello and see whatC J'S been up to the Past 2 months

       Friday night at 9 p.m. EDT (2 a.m. GMT), Dauna Breiding
email @ redacted  is hosting a TGIF chat. Join Dauna in the Anytime Room (and bring a cup of coffee)Dauna is a great host, she does chats twice in one day so watch for her post to see if she is doing a chat at morning TOO!!

        NEW CHAT HOSTED  by Glenn Marks email @ redacted  at 9p.m. EST (2 a.m. GMT)

        Come to chat at 8 p. m.in the Anytime Room co-hosts Ed Marsh
email @ redacted  , Jenny Sutherland email @ redacted  ,  Roselea
email @ redacted  . You asked for a early start time so check it out.

Also, let me know if you're interested in hosting a chat at any other
time. We'd love to have more volunteers and all you have to do is show up and talk! Also, if you have any problems accessing the chat room, Any of the host will be happy to talk you through it. We still need people to help fill-in for chats, If you like to be a fill-in chatter or like to start your own time, please let me know and I will add you to the list. Also if you have a idea about who(as a guest chatter) or what subject at you like to be talk about in chat I would love to see if we can get that person or subject covered in a chat.

To get started chatting, just goto:

Instructions are there at the site, and remember that the password is
"pumper". Hope to see you in the chat rooms!

IP Chat Hosts:
Jenny Nash   email @ redacted
Carolyn Green (email @ redacted)
Rodney Mead (email @ redacted)