Re: [IP] pump in Ontario?

Hi Jenn!
 Welcome to the IP list. I am from Belleville, Ontario
and I run a support group for pumpers in SouthEastern
Ontario. One of the people on this list who is from
Ontario just had her son's pump covered under
Greenshield. So far, it is not covered under OHIP, but
we do know of people who have had it covered who have
an Ontario Benefits card. We are hoping that down the
road we can convince the government to cover it under
the Assistive Devices Program. If you e-mail me
privately at email @ redacted and let me know
what part of Ontario you are from then I could direct
you hopefully to some resources including pump reps.
If you are not too far from the Belleville/Trenton
area then we could be a big help to you.
 There are two pump companies currently offering pumps
in Canada...Disetronic and Minimed, I can give you
contacts to get information on pumps from both
companies so that you can decide which pump is best
for you, your needs and lifestyle.
 I have been Diabetic for 24 years and on the pump for
14 months. My control has greatly improved.
 I will look forward to hearing from you,
Carolyn Green
(Quinte Insulin Pumpers)