[IP] Re: 5wks pumping

From: Michael Robinton <email @ redacted>  WROTE:
>As he becomes and adolescent, the a1C target
>will become much more difficult to achieve and a target under 8 may be
>more acceptable until he is an older teen. Hormones and tight bg's don't
g>o well together.

Michael, Cory has always had low a1c's --range of 5.5 to 8.2 BUT the
difference now is that most of his readings are very stable.  The bulk of
them are in the 100 - 150 range.  Pre pump he bounced everywhere continously.
 Cory feels sick when his b/s begins to climb above 200 - 240.  He develops
ketones if that number isn't lowered quickly.  Then he feels the effects of
lows when he is hypoglycemic -- usually anything below 70, but sometimes
anything below 100.  He is already beginning puberty so we are learning about
those little boy hormones already -- eeeek!  I realize it is going to be
difficult to control the b/s but thankfully Cory wants to have good control.
He is very cooperative.  If his body doesn't cooperate, then that will just
be the way it is,  and I appreciate your wanring.  Perhaps this will help us
ward off some of the disappointment if the numbers don't fall in line.
Susan S.