[IP] people + pumps

Heidi wrote:  I just had my first major negative reaction about
going on the pump(from a *friend*).Whoever said that
letting other folks know about diabetes and/or the
pump has never walked a day in my shoes,I seem to have
extremily negative experiences with this.I had only
let my family know about the pump so far(they were
extremily supportive), so I thought I'd try it out on
what someone else thought.She was visably
shocked,though polite.

Heidi, people just don't understand how hard it is and how much we would go
through to get good readings.  I showed my best friend Monday at lunch and she
said "my God, it looks like you belong on "E.R". She was put back a little,
but I don't hold it against her.  There was probably a time when I would have
felt the same way.  I am just use to it now and very thankful for it.