[IP] Insertion Devices & Choosing Infusion Sets

While we're waiting for our first appointment with a pump-friendly endo, I've
been trying to learn all I can in advance about pumping (I sleep with
"Pumping Insulin" under my pillow <g!>) . . .

I was talking to a Minimed Rep the other day (though we're pretty set on
going with the Disetronic H-tron) and was told that they now have an
insertion device available for their Quick-Set infusion sets call the
"Quick-serter."  And the literature he sent me showed an "Sil-Serter" for
inserting Silhouetttes is on its way (pending FDA clearance).  Having three
inserter devices is great news to me -- my 10 year old daughter currently
uses the Inject-Ease for her injections (resulting in a HUGE decrease in her
needle anxiety levels), so I know that using an insertion device with the
right kind of infusion set for her would likely be a real plus, especially in
the early stages of pumping.

I know choosing an infusion set is a personal choice, but I'd be interested
in hearing from some experienced pumpers about what factors I should consider
. . . Like what difference does 90 degree vs. 30 degree insertion angles
make?   What makes you prefer the length of tubing you use (23" vs. 43")?
What are the pros & cons of at-site disconnect vs. 4" 'tail" disconnect?
Plus anything else we should think about in choosing sets . . . If it
matters, my 10 year old daughter is moderately active (loves the water,
tennis, skating - but no team sports), and is slender but not super lean at
4' 11" and 95 lbs . . .

Thanks in advance for all the great input!

Lyndy Latta