[IP] Re:IP fever,chills and such

Darrin Parker asks:
SNIP ~~~ Is it a dry cough?  If so it sounds like the flu bug I had as well.
week sick and three weeks getting better and gaining back the weight.

If this is the case, don't panic.  Just test often -like once every two
hors and  correct as necessary.  My experience was that the need for
increased basals grew slowly over the first few days nad during the three
worst days; I needed 180% of the normal rate.  Also the carb ratio
increased from 1:10 to 1:5. ~~ end of snip

No Darrin it is a loose rattely cough, cheeks are puffy and he has a low
grade fever - 100.4.  His tummy hurts and he is slightly nauseated. He did
get a flu shot last fall too.  Cory has allergies and mild asthma.  He tends
to get a lot of sinus infections also.  I just hope this clears up soon and
no complications come from it.  I can just see his chronic sinuitis,
broncitis and middle ear infections gearing up!  He never responds too well
to antibiotics either.  He used to be on a lot fo steroid inhalers and
steriod nasal sprays.  We are really trying to avoid the use of those.  But
if he isn't improving by tomorrow - off to the doc we go.  Thus far the blood
sugars are decent. He jumps up to 200 once in awhile but a correction brings
him back in line quickly.  The pump is great because we don't have to "wait"
to see what the NPH is going to do.  Also, he doesn't have to eat more than
he feels like eating.  We can just adjust the insulin to the meal.
Here's hoping.....
Susan S.