Re: [IP] 5wks pumping

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 email @ redacted wrote:

> Cory's been pumping for 5 weeks now.  He had his first endo visit and his A1c
> was 6.7!  He's had some that low and lower in the past but those were always
> averages of 40 - 400+.  This time his b/g has been staying in the 100 - 150
> range most of the time.  We are very pleased about this, but the endo wants
> it a little lower.  We think we have a great diabetes team.  The CDE called

Don't push you luck with overly tight control for a youngster. The
absense of extreme high's and lows combined with an a1C under 7 is
excellent results. If you can achieve that over the next few years you
will have done very well. As he becomes and adolescent, the a1C target
will become much more difficult to achieve and a target under 8 may be
more acceptable until he is an older teen. Hormones and tight bg's don't
go well together.