Re: [IP] Things we've learned after first month of

Wow is right...I am amazed at a 5.6% A1C, esp for a child!!! Is
the child still honeymooning by any chance? If you can manage to
achieve a low A1C with very few hypo incidents, that is truly
awesome! We have to keep Shannon's bg's a little higher due to
sensitivity to lows, so we'll probably never see one quite that
low. We're happy with where she's at though.

Now this is funny...at our appt a couple of weeks ago he said to
aim for an A1C of 7.5-8% at our kids' age (Shannon's was right in
the middle at 7.8%), and then later when they are older and we
tighten the control, go for the 6.8-7.5%. LOL! *sigh* Yes, ours
IS the world's greatest endo. He's the only dr I've ever
personally known who admits he doesn't know everything and that
he, too, is learning.

I would love to be a CDE too. There is definitely a need for
them. I'll have to go back to school one of these days!!! In the
meantime, I guess pump training will have to do (although I don't
think I'll be getting any calls any time soon! Hehe!)

Thanks for the nice compliment, Sylvia! :)

Sylvia said:
WOW a 5.6!!  Josh just had his first lowest at 8.1 and we are
tickled pink!!! You really don't want to shoot for those real low
numbers at this stage of the game.  Too much of a chance for
hypos.  Our endo says that a 6.8-7.5 is a gret number for this
age group.  I trust him COMPLETELY becaue Kerri and I feel we
have THE BEST ENDO IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!  And he is a military
(some snipped)
Meanwhile I am working on becoming a pump trainer.  Just got my
first certificate from Dis. for their D-Tron. Waiting to get the
H-Tron one and then MM and Animas.  Already been in touch with

Yes, I will send you that invitation for the ecircle.  It is a
great place to go for additional info and Kerri is THE BEST
teacher you could ever want!!

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound