Re: [IP] Trigger Finger/Thumb Question

I've tried more things for this, plus the carpel tunnel that has afflicted
me.  Most have been effective enough in a limited way that I've avoided
surgery.  I still have a lot of discomfort sometimes though.  It depends on
your way of thinking.  If surgery seems right to you, do it.

Ginger soaks work really well to soothe -- just put some ginger in boiling
water, steep, and soak.  It's a bit easier on clean up than parafin baths and
I think equally effective.

Thinking about relaxing and extending the fingers helps me a lot.  I sleep
with a pillow next to me for my hands so I can think about relaxing them on
to it as I fall asleep.  And throughout the day I catch myself tensing (I
think it's my diabetic body that does this, not stress).  I stop, extend my
fingers and relax.

On ocasion I've had acupuncture.  I get frequent acupuncture treatments to
keep my circulation going and relieve various discomforts.  My doctor is
really insulting about this, but he doesn't have diabetes.  I think it
stimulates the circulation to affected areas and helps a lot.

good luck,