Re: [IP] Correction Caution [Sushi]

>Yesterday, I went out to sushi with my brother. Good stuff, sushi,
>especially since I lived in Japan for almost 3 years, and LOVE Japanese
>Anyway, exceedingly rough estimate of how much I was going to eat was 8
>units worth -- 120g of carbs.
>Two hours after the meal, I was 238 -- OK, high, so let's measure at 3
>hours. 162 at 3 hours, OK, good, dropping, so don't do anything, but
>measure at 4 hours.
>Well, 4 hours is when my Humalog is GONE, so when I measured 200 at 4
>hours, I knew I needed a correction. Took 2 units, with a goal of 100 --
>measured 3 hours later, was 127, and woke up this morning at 117.

Yes you did a good correction by the looks of it!  Good work!

I note with interest that your profile for Sushi matchs mine.  I am
puzzeled and can only attribute the post 3 hour highs to the protien in the
emal.  Hence, like you i usually end up doing a 3rd or 4th hour correction
for a similar bg to your at that time.  I guess I'll just expect to have to
do it form now on.  Too much trouble to square wave this one!  Again i wish
for a pump which was waterproof AND did squares and duals!  Sigh...
...maybe in a few years..

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  51% improvement in average bg's and 70% fewer hypos)!