Re: [IP] fever/chills and such

>Something I forgot to mention in my previous post.... Cory has one of those
>"bugs.'  He's coughing, has a fever, chills, upset tummy, so forth.  This is
>a time when the pump is a super duper blessing!  I hope the "bug" is a 24
>hour one that is gone by morning!
>Susan S.

Is it a dry cough?  If so it sounds like the flu bug I had as well.  one
week sick and three weeks getting better and gaining back the weight.

If this is the case, don't panic.  Just test often -like once every two
hors and  correct as necessary.  My experience was that the need for
increased basals grew slowly over the first few days nad during the three
worst days; I needed 180% of the normal rate.  Also the carb ratio
increased from 1:10 to 1:5.

Cory's requirements *will* be different but don't panic unless the fever
goes above 103.  bg's high for a few days won't kill him.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  51% improvement in average bg's and 70% fewer hypos)!