Re: [IP] Things we've learned after first month of pumping

  My son is Joshua.  He is now 9 and was dxd at 5.5.  He started pumping
right after his 8th BD.  I have written to you before when you first joined
this list.  Are you still looking into getting the pump soon?  What do you
want in the way of help?  If your endo is for it then the insurance really
does not have the right to question his/her medical authority.  And there are
a lot of kids a lot younger going on the pump.  Shoot, a few months ago on
the Diabetes Forecast magazine they had a picture of a little 5 year old who
was on the pump!!!  And had been for a liittle while before this article was
done!!!!  FIVE YEAR OLD, and on the cover a leading magazine.  Perhaps you
should get that copy (or I will be glad to copy it and send it to you) and
have that included in your request!!!  Just found it...MAY00 issue  "Putting
Kids On The Pump" is the head line on the cover of this issue with his
adorable little face.  Like I said if you don't have it I will be glad to
send a copy of the article!!

Sorry Nancy, I just looked through more of my mail and saw your response to
my email message.  WOW a 5.6!!  Josh just had his first lowest at 8.1 and we
are tickled pink!!!  You really don't want to shoot for those real low
numbers at this stage of the game.  Too much of a chance for hypos.  Our endo
says that a 6.8-7.5 is a gret number for this age group.  I trust him
COMPLETELY becaue Kerri and I feel we have THE BEST ENDO IN THE WHOLE
WORLD!!!!  And he is a military doc!!!!

Yes, I never spent any time o the internet at all.  Now I've upped my monthly
minutes and am considering going digital!!!  Hey, you are a pediatric RN??
If so perhaps you should consider studying for your CDE.  There is such a
need for CDEs that know something about kids!!  I am hoping to get mne but
have a long ways to go!  My BS is in Psychology.  It would take a MS in that
field or something else.  I'm looking into it now.  Meanwhile I am working on
becoming a pump trainer.  Just got my first certificate from Dis. for their
D-Tron.  Waiting to get the H-Tron one and then MM and Animas.  Already been
in touch with Animas!

Yes, I will send you that invitation for the ecircle.  It is a great place to
go for additional info and Kerri is THE BEST teacher you could ever want!!

mom to Joshua