[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #905

In a message dated 02/23/2001 4:31:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> email @ redacted

Jim I am also trying to decide, but I am  looking very closely at the Animas
R-1000 had the rep over with the pump we went through all of the screens and
it seems very easy to program. The minimed does not use the stronger motor of
the Dis or   anim which does not allow the min to deliver the lower rates it
also will short out from static electricity and last but not least it is not
water proof. The Disetronic uses special batteries which must be purchased
from the comany . Bad batteries and you have problems. The animas batteries
can be purchased in the local store. Please let me know if your info is
better than mine and what your decision is?

                          Bill      email @ redacted