Re: [IP] Things we've learned after first month of pumping

In a message dated 2/24/01 3:18:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Our insurance company is putting up
 a stink because they think it isn't safe for a 7 yr old to pump due to their
 developmental level.   >>

Be glad they didn't raise a stink about your 7-year-old taking insulin
because of his "development level." :-\

This is one that always gets me started: Who do they think manages his
insulin? Adults do! And adults will manage his pump. Ask them what age you
have to be to be 'developmentally able' to take insulin.

Jan and Elvis