[IP] Re: About the Glucometer Elite

When my daughter was dx at age 2, the Glucometer Elite was recommended to us.
 We were quite happy with it and could get the drop of blood sipped up even
though she was trying to squirm away.
    16 months later we moved to the UK and couldn't get strips for the Elite
there.  The rep gave the hospital nurse a Dex meter (called the Esprit over
there) for us to use instead.  It took so much blood in comparison and we
wasted about one-quarter of the strips, all sorts of problems.  I was glad we
weren't paying for the strips, diabetics get free supplies in the UK.  The
Dex meters only lasted an average of 8-9 months, we went through 3 in less
than 2 years.  They were quickly replaced by the company, though I was glad I
had my Elite and some strips I was saving for emergencies.
    As soon as we returned to Canada we went back to using the Elite again.
The rep was giving out free Dex meters at a parent support group meeting--I
took one anyhow and have given it away to someone with suspected Type 2.  I
never pass on taking free stuff from pharmaceutical companies!!

Barbara, Mum of Claire 6, hoping to be pumping soon