[IP] Re: Pizza Bolus (POLL)

>I would like to know your formula for bolusing on pizza? Just short and sweet >on your process.

ok, here is Shane's process:
-When he starts eating the pizza, he does a bolus for all of the carbs,
just as for any other meal.
-About 1 hour after starting to eat, he cranks up the temp basal. He
will turn it up anywhere from 30% to 60% depending on which restaurant
the pizza came from, and what kind it is (ie. Pizza Hut stuffed crust
requires more, HomeTeam single topping requires less, homemade and
frozen require the least but still require some increase)
-He leaves the temp increase about 8 hours.

He has discovered that if he turns on the temp increase right away he
will have a low. And if he waits more than about 1 1/2 hours to start
the increase, he will have a high. Also, if he only boluses for only
part of the carbs and tries to cover the remainder of the carbs with a
later bolus, or an even higher temp basal, he will have a high.
I think it will be interesting to see the huge variety of approaches
that people use. From what I can tell, this seems to be one of the
biggest YMMV things...