[IP] Re: vitamins and supplements

I'm going to give the other side of the coin now. :)

I have been studying (and using) herbs, homeopathy, and
alternative remedies since 1992. My take on vitamins,
supplements, herbs, etc is that these things should be viewed and
used with a healthy dose of respect, just like any other medicine
(and you should consider it medicine) or other substance you put
in your body. A little often goes a long way and more does not
equal better. Many herbs, etc are extremely beneficial, some are
not. Many of them are very mild, some are very powerful. Many of
them work better when used with others, some work better alone. I
wouldn't knock them all, based on a few. If you aren't sure which
ones are safe for you, consult an herbalist or some other similar
professional who is knowledgeable in this area. Definitely
educate yourself on them before you use them. Knowledge is

Now to answer the question that was asked originally, I have my
daughter taking antioxidants and specific vitamin supplementation
as they have been shown to benefit diabetics. (Do not take this
as medical advice though, and do the research yourself. You have
to take into account your own medical history, etc so YMMV.) I
would never give her anything I would/do not not willingly take
myself. Oh, and I did run this by our endo first, in case anyone
is wondering, and he was fine with it.

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound