[IP] vitamins & supplements

Today was the *much anticipated* day to sit in the dentist's chair for 8 units
(took 10) to get fitted for a crown. Gag city!!!  Anyway, as soon as one
assistant put the swab in my mouth I gagged and she thought I felt pain. Dr.
taught her how to work with me in a rhythm. After 18 yrs of me, he and I work
well together. He told her I'm a gagger *BIG time*. She started to touch my
back - which is equally sensitive and she thought I'd gag with that. No, I
just hit the ceiling from the touch. Ahhh, the sweet life!

BUT, another assistant said her 26 y/o son was just dx'd T-1 and he didn't
need a pump because he hasn't settled in yet. He takes 2 shots a day. "But
he's REALLY into DM - majorly," she said. I asked how it was diff? She said,
"Well he lost a lot of weight and had a 600 BG," etc.  I told her those are
the symptoms of T-1 and if he wants his life back he'll look into a pump. I
gave her a BASH booklet and encouraged her to find out about it. She was a
little diff. when I left.

She asked if I had children. I told her 2, they are healthy adults and I'm
still suffering. She said I wasn't. I tried to explain 18% kidney function, 6
eye surgeries (12 altogether), 10 diff. Rx's, EPO shots, etc.

I felt a little hypo during the  s t r e s s   and took a BG - 79. She said
they had candy I could have. I asked for some b4 I left. She brought hard
stuff. I told her I don't eat the hard stuff cause I break my teeth on it and
I didn't want to give them more business. (~_^) I got 3 peppermint patties.

Two weeks from today I go to get the *real thing* - crown, that is - not a
Coke! I guess it's okay when someone isn't looking to help *themselves* since
they don't *live* it or with it. As I told the newsie guy, I'm the pic of
health - they just don't know. I have said to some, "MOST people wouldn't
trade health with me."

Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99) 0\0
http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics
Poor spellers of the world, untie!