Re: [IP] Help with Birthday Party (Asap?)

Another trick that we used when Stephanie was younger was to go in with her
when she first arrived. We'd serve a plate for her with what she thought she
would be eating and figure the bolus (lots of times we'd ask for packages of
chips, cookies, etc. to help figure) then set the plate aside along with a
note on how much the bolus should be for each item on her plate. When snack
time rolled around she could just get her pre-served plate and use the note
to bolus. We also allowed her to eat more than was on her plate and just
tested and corrected after the party as necessary. This allowed her some
normalcy/freedom and me some peace of mind (relatively).

Good luck!
Betsy, mom of Stephanie (dxd at 4.5, pumping since 3/98)