[IP] Help with Birthday Party (Asap?)

Hi all:  Well the day has come that my 5 year old has been invited to a
birthday party without me there watching him like a hawk.  It is our first
while pumping.

What I need to know is what to do to cover the foods he will be eating?  I
asked and it will be mainly chips/cheesies and cake later on.  The party is an
hour and a half from 2-3:30pm TODAY.

Should I
1. Let him eat drink and be merry and fix it all at home?
2. Let him bolus himself to cover while there?  I want him to call me at 3pm
with his bg reading and (he has been bolusing himself for snacks while at
preschool for the last month.)

The other thing I am thinking about is that the Mother in charge is not
well-versed in diabetes, although knows he has it.  My son is A+ at knowing
when he is low so I totally trust him.

So with all that, what would YOU do???

Thanks for your quick response! :-)
Shelly Tyler