RE: [IP] Pump Basals

I am interested in the different basal patterns.  My son David (9) will
start pumping on Mar 13th.  For now he is still on "The poor man's pump" UL
and H.

One of the reasons we pushed so hard for the pump is the ability to change a
basal rate for the weekend activity and what I call PE Day.  Once every 4th
school day they have Physical Education.  It's 40 minutes of hard, sweaty,
aerobic activity at 9:30am.  I wish they would do it daily but they don't.
The other 3 school days are spent at a desk at that time.

Even with David's overall numbers high he drops like a rock for nearly 18
hours after PE.  Then it takes a day or so for his numbers to come back up
and then it's either PE Day again or the weekend with the sun shining.  A
sure sign of lows to come.  Think of it as an activity induced roller
coaster ride.

My question is:  If a child's body reacts like this on MDI, will it be
likely to continue to react like this on the pump?  Of course with the pump
there are more options for dealing with it.  I just want to know if the
tendency to run low for many hours after exercise will continue.

Marie Matthews ~ non D (so far)
mom of David 9 ~ dx 9/99 ~ will pump Mar 2001!
daughter of Donna 59 ~ dx 1945