Re: [IP] "failing" related to a test is problematic!!!!

For whatever it's worth, the terms "passing" and "failing" are
terms the *OB's/drs/midwives* commonly use for these *screening
tests* for *gestational* diabetes (for as long as I can remember
- had my first in 1985.)

Jim said:
>What expectations related to diabetes have helped you feel like you have "failed"??????

Darrin said:
I think i agree w/ Jim.  We need to be careful regarding how we
think of our test results and thus how we think about ourselves.
there  is no such thing as "failing" nor a "good" nor "bad" test
result. These are all facts to use as tools to try & achieve
better DM.  Attaching value judgements to test results is
self-destructive.  This is esp. true for children.  Growing up
with "bad" tests can make for very poor self esteem.

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound