Re: [IP] genetics of DM

Regarding the risk of a child of two diabetic parents
developing diabetes, I found this at:

"Question:  What is the probability that a child with two
Type 1 diabetic parents will develop diabetes? Are there
specific percentages pertaining to this matter?

Answer:  The risk is approximately 30%. You can refer to
The Risk of Developing I Diabetes for more information
regarding the risk.

 If Type 1 diabetes were purely "inherited," you would
expect that the risk of diabetes in identical twins, or
in the child of two parents with diabetes, would approach
100 percent. The fact that the risk is much lower is still
not understood."

They refer to a link at:
that has a more detailed look at the % risk.

As for other genetic risks, I'm not sure.